November 17 & 18, 2018 with Debbie Rosas REGISTER HERE!, 12-7:30pm
Nia FloorPlay is unique program that stimulates functional movement and self-healing by working with Nia principles and The Body’s Way philosophy. The practice uses space, time and gravity guided by the element of play to creatively condition the body. Students learn how to master moving on the floor versus exercising on the floor; the difference in somatic orientation delivers a powerful holistic fitness experience. The art of FloorPlay is blending one move into the next to create a beautiful dance that massages and strengthens the whole body from fingers to toes. All of the body postures and moves in FloorPlay are personalized to help you open up and guide your body into new levels of strength, flexibility, mobility, agility and stability that nurture your body’s way.
This 2-day training is focused on you and your body to deepen your knowledge of the science, craft and art of play and how to achieve greater comfort, function, meaning and purpose from moving on the floor.
- moving versus exercising
- fundamentals of moving on the floor
- energy support from the body’s three Hara’s
- dynamic alignment
- the role of play in self-healing
- gravity + natural conditioning
Included in this training:
- 2-Days hands on Training
- FloorPlay On-line Teacher Tutorial Training – self-directed, hour based program providing further education on learning and teaching Nia FloorPlay
* Nia Knee Pads are required and can be purchased at the training for $10.00.